Sunday, November 28, 2010

I've missed you!

I know - bad bad bad blogger. I have no good excuses - none.

Nonetheless - here's what's been going on with me - keeping me from blogging ...

Work.  Work.  Work.  It sucks right now.  I'm trying to ride it out - but he simple truth is it really sucks right now.  I'm super busy and dealing with a lot of political drama that is totally dragging me down.

I've been a little down that I haven't been able to run.  When I have tried I have hurt.  Elvira's ghost is alive and well and she likes to remind me that I have had major surgery this summer and she's not done torturing me.  I was supposed to run a Turkey Trot but heeded my body and my husband and laid off the running for a bit.  I hate it.  It feels like I haven't really been able to run all year.  I'm trying to walk more and do situps and pushups to keep me going in the mean time.  I could use some encouragement here.

Rubber is meeting the road as far as "real life" in Kanga's world.  I can eat more ... sometimes.  I can eat things I couldn't eat before ... sometimes.    The reality that gastric bypass surgery is not a miracle cure all is staring me in the face.  I am not regaining, but I am scared that I easily could.  I can see old habits trying to creep back in.  I'm trying desperately to stay grounded, etc...  I will not be a statistic.  I will make this work.  I can not get this far only to slip back.  I will make this work.

And, of course, life in my house is insanely busy.  Kids are starting up basketball and cheerleading season.  I usually coach cheerleading, but was able to recruit enough coaches this year that I can focus on just being the Cheerleading Comissioner for the Upward league that we are involved in.  It is something I love and I am really looking forward to this season.  This time of year just tends to be so busy anyway with all the extras going on.  Of course, I love the extras.  :)  But life is just crazy hectic right now.

Speaking of hectic - I have 3 lia sophia parties this week.  Yeah!  I love doing lia sophia parties.  There are great deals to be had for Christmas gifts and it seems that lots of people want in on them.

I have talked about my BAHA on here before.  Mine suddenly stopped working this past weekend.  No bueno.  I have to get that checked out and I'm not looking forward to that bill.  I love my BAHA, but dang if it ain't expensive.  I have had it for 5 years and have never had a problem with it.  But this not hearing is really for the birds.

Ok - so how is that for an update?  I have all sorts of blogging madness going on in my head - so hold on because I'm about to be a blogging fool here in a hot second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!