Saturday, September 18, 2010

Interesting

I have noticed some interesting things since my surgical ERCP.  I was always kinda disappointed after my  gastric bypass that I was an inconsistent dumper at best.  I did this surgery this way because I wanted those very specific rules to help me eat right.  The inconsistency allowed me to test the waters which was always a little scary.

But since the surgical ERCP - I dump like a truck.  The littlest bit of sugar and I am miserable ... for hours!  I talked to my bariatric surgeon about it when I had my follow up appointment with him earlier this week.  He said it kind of made sense because now that they opened up the sphincter of oddi the bile, etc... is making it to the intestines much better - that would be assisting in the dumping syndrome.

Also, since the surgical ERCP my weight loss has kicked back in.  I have been quite steady for at least 8 months.  Now I am losing weight again.  I am down to a weight my scale has never seen and only 6 pounds from my goal weight!  I am more motivated than ever!  Especially since I am very limited in whatever exercise I can do because of my foot.  If I can't exercise I need to pay closer attention to what I'm eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!