Sunday, October 3, 2010

Summer Reflection

This summer took a lot more out of me than I was willing to admit.  Between finding the kidney tumor and having my kidney removed to the pancreatitis and finding the culprit for that and getting it fixed.  I am known for being the Queen of Denial.  It's such a pretty place and I love to live there.  But I have had a really hard time bouncing back from all of this.  I have had a lot of post-surgical pain and I have been quite simply exhausted.  I feel like I was physically, emotionally, spiritually drained.  I was feeling beat up - like every time I turned around something else was going wrong.  I know everyone feels like that from time to time, but seriously this was ridiculous.  And to be honest - a part of me feels like I'm just waiting for the other shoe to fall even now.

Then there was the stress fracture in my foot which also had me laid up for a while.  I have been given the go ahead to start putting more pressure on that foot and to start exercising.  I was very anxious to get back to running, but was warned to start slow and to ease back into it.  Not only because of my foot, but because of the surgeries, etc...  So I started walking this weekend, and as I listened to my body I had to regretfully admit - I am so not ready to run yet.  So I guess I will have to be content to walk some more and do some more cardio to work on my endurance, etc...  I am still determined to do a half marathon.  I will not let my body sideline me for long.

To add to all this wondrous-ness (yes - my own made up word), my husband hit a deer (or a deer hit him - at this point it doesn't really matter) with my car and the insurance company decided to total the car.  So now in the midst of all this we need to find a car.  Normally this would be fun for me.  Who doesn't want a new car?  I don't want a new car right now - I just don't have it in me to make this decision right now. 

I promise to be better about my blogging. I know, I know.  You've heard that all before.  :)  But I swear!  I promise to do better.

1 comment:

  1. You have had a lot going on... it is no wonder you haven't felt like blogging!!! I will continue to pray for you as you gain strength. Thankful you are healing....

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!