Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Who is that?

A few years ago my girls were featured in a local news spot called "Pint Size Sports" for their involvement in the local recreational tee ball team.  It was lots of fun and I hadn't thought about the spot for a while.  I was recently talking to a friend about his children's involvement in the same tee ball league and thought I would show him the video.



I forgot that I was in that video.  After I appeared my friend said "Who was that?"  Well, it was me.  "It sounded like you, but that wasn't you."  What do you mean?  That was me.  He rewinded it and looked at it again ... looked at me ... looked at the video again.  He was like "No."

Here's the thing - I know I look different now, but that is still how I see myself.  When I do look in the mirror - at first I'm almost taken back.  I may catch a glimpse of myself  in a window as I'm walking by and for a moment I actually think it is someone else - maybe someone walking beside me?  When is my mind going to catch up with what is in the mirror?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!