Saturday, January 22, 2011

Funk Be Gone

OK - since my last post I've been doing my darndest to get out of this funk.  That has meant that I have run twice since that post.  Not fast and not long, but I'm running.  And it doesn't hurt - it feels like it used to - it feels good.  I'm trying to take it slow and get back into it at a decent pace instead of jumping in over my head and immediately trying to go too far.  I do have some races in my mind, but I don't dare say out loud what they are.

And I pulled out my tape measure to compare my measurements from last year.  I have lost an inch or two in several places - waist - rib cage - bust - hips - thighs.  So while my weight seems to have stabilized - I have still been kind of settling into this new body of mine.  I am consistently in a size 10 or medium.  I would have never have dreamed I would get here. 

Speaking of this new body ...  I have started meeting with some plastic surgeons to start to understand what my options may be in this area.  I don't plan on doing anything in the near future (I think my husband would have divorce me if I put myself back in the hospital willingly at this point).  I also called the insurance company to understand if they would ever cover an abdominoplasty.  They said they do cover abdominoplasty if it can be proved that it's medically necessary.  I think I need to find a doctor willing to help me prove it's medically necessary.  The first surgeon I went to was not at all interested in doing that.  He doesn't deal with insurance unless it's reconstructive surgery.  He also has his own OR in his office that he uses.  I get that - I see the advantages, but with my medical history - I'm thinking that may not be the best idea I ever had.  Not sure - have to think that through.  Doing it in their own OR keeps costs down - but - I just don't know.  Even though I know I won't go to this surgeon - dang it if he didn't get me all excited about the possibilities that a tummy tuck and some liposuction could provide. Wowie Mommy!  I have more consultations coming up - so we'll see what that reveals.

Speaking of doctors and hospitals and all that jazz.  I have my 6 month check up this coming week.  I did bloodwork this past week and I have the full abdominal CT Scan on Tuesday before meeting with my urologist.  I am nervous, but I'm fully expecting a clean report.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!