Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What is my problem?

So I hit my 2 year surgiversary mark and it's a new year.  I am gun-shy to set any goals for myself.  I think it's because 2010 was such a SUCKY year for me.  I set goals and was not able to meet any of them because of my health issues.  It is really kind of messing with my head - so much so that I have been unable to "see the forest for the trees" as a friend of mine recently pointed out. 

I'm at the point where a lot of WLS patients start to experience regain.  And if anyone had an excuse for regain this year - it's me. 5 surgeries in one year.  Kidney Cancer, middle ear tumor, pancreatitis, internal hernia, wisdom teeth removed.  For someone who is acustomed to eating her feelings ... this past year was one huge exercise in restraint for me.

But I am feeling like I need to get back on the wagon and do what I know I need to do.  Why am I so afraid to start running again?  Probably because every time I have tried to get my running going again something else happens and I have to stop.  Another surgery - another injury.  I'm just feeling like this past year is finally catching up with me.  I've been strong for a good long time and now I'm just tired.

I am in a funk.  I can't get going.  I haven't been blogging.  I haven't been running.  I'm tired and I need to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!