Monday, July 27, 2009

Not just a WOW Moment - WHOA!

I have been slacking on my blog this past week. I have been without children for the past 12 days and really just taking advantage of the free time I have had.

But this past weekend I had a major WOW moment. So major I am calling it my WHOA moment. :)

I had a girls night out planned with some friends I don't get to spend as much time with as I would like. I had jeans on that have been taken in several times, but are just too big, so before arriving at my friends house I decided to stop by TJ Maxx and see if I couldn't find any jeans that fit. I knew I was fitting into a size 14 - so I grabbed a bunch of those and headed to the fitting rooms. The 14's fit perfect - that in itself was fun! But then I noticed that ALL of them had room in them. Seriously? 14's with room? No way. You don't think a 12 would fit, do you? Do I dare even try? I can't even remember being a 12. Maybe for a nano-second in my sophmore year in high school? Maybe?

But I ran out and grabbed a couple of 12's and brought them back to try them on. I did it. I put them on! I buttoned and zipped them without any trouble! SIZE 12!!!! NO FREAKIN' WAY! Here is my pic in the dressing room!



I jumped in the car and ran to my friends house. I burst in her door gave her a hug and was like "It's so great to see you - but I have to change!" I ran in her bathroom and put on my jeans and then I couldn't shut up about it the rest of the night. Randomly I would burst out going "I am wearing a size 12!!!" I wouldn't take the tags off my pants. At one point we ran an errand and my friend goes "Are you going to go out with that sticker on your pants?" Why yes, yes I am! I don't care who sees it! I am wearing a size 12!!!! Here is a picture of me with the sticker on my forehead - SIZE 12 PEOPLE!



And here is a picture of me hanging with these friends last year. A reminder of how far I have come. Do you even recognize her? I know she is smiling, but I don't think she was happy.


Another WHOA moment this weekend ... I had a dear friend who sent me a box full of clothes earlier this summer. Some size 14 and a couple size 12 and Medium shorts. At the time the 14's fit but were a little tight. Now they all fit. Upon realizing that I fit in the size 12 jeans I decided to check on a particular pair of shorts that she had given me that were really really too small when she sent them. They were a size MEDIUM. I put them on last night and went for a walk! Medium! MEDIUM! MEDIUM! Seriously? I don't remember that size ever either. Medium. Not 3XL, not 2XL, not XL, not even Large! MEDIUM!



Times they are a changin'! WHOA!

4 comments:

  1. How incredible you are feeling! This is awesome!!! Keep it up!! I will be loosing soon and cannot wait for all the wow moments! But your picture says it all. that smile speaks loud and clear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh so much! Did you notice how incredibly HUGE your smile is w/the sticker! I love love love it! xoxo-dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAHOO!!!! That is awesome. Love the pic of you with the sticker on your head. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, that's the best WOW moment picture I've ever seen. I LOVE the sticker on your head!! AWESOME girl. Wouldn't that be a great idea for a web site page? Everyone with sizes on their foreheads!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!