Monday, March 29, 2010

Encouragement

I have the best friends - ones who look out for me and don't let me retreat into my cave alone.  I had to share something that a friend sent me recently that really touched me when I needed it most.

Okay - so I read your blog apologies :-) I truly hope that your funk is from busy life and not because you are finding your self-worth in your new appearance and physical abilities. I loved you - and anyone worth their chop did - long before your surgery. You have been beautiful as long as I've known you and it's never been about weight or outward appearance. If you aren't losing now I hope it's not getting you too down....that's not what we value in you. And that's now what I think of when I think your value and skills and that which is worth emulating about you...


When the good Lord made you He made you with the spirit you have. That spirit was never confined by the temporal body.

Funk be gone! :)

Which reminded me of a song that I have been really moved by lately.  It's a few years old, but it's message is timeless (as all good songs are). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!