Tuesday, May 24, 2011

All sorts of conflicted

This is hard.  And, frankly, I don't like it!

I will be honest with you - I'm avoiding school like the plague.  There are some people I just can't face right now.  I love y'all like a fat kid loves some cake, and I just can't face the fact that I am not going to be entrusting my kids to your care on a daily basis.  I know it's not like I'll never see you anymore.  I also know it's not like you people won't still be praying for and caring for my children even now more than ever.  Most of you haven't been my kids teachers in years (Terry and Gynell!!!! Bless your heart!!!), but as the end of the school year draws near I find myself all weepy just driving my kids to school.  And my girls' teachers are being so wonderful - giving them beautiful and meaningful gifts to remember their time at Wake Christian by.  The girls love it and love telling me about it, and I go in my room and boo hoo.  Not to mention I sit down in church right behind the teacher that they most likely would have had next year in 3rd grade (and who has always been my son's favorite teacher) and I can't make it through the service without bawling.

And yet I am feeling sure of what I'm doing.  God is showing me that I'm doing the right thing.  He never promised me it would be easy - though that would have been a nice side effect.  We took the girls over to their new school today to take a tour so they would feel more comfortable and have a better understanding of what to expect over there.  The guidance counselor was showing us around and we ran into the current second grade class that they would be in as they were cleaning up after lunch.  So she introduced the girls to them and said that they would be in their class next year in third grade.  The kids started to clap for them!!!!!  The girls felt like rock stars! It was so neat.

So, yeah, I'm conflicted.  I hate the leaving part.  I'm tired of crying over it - especially with this dang headache.  And yet I'm also excited about the cool things that are also happening and how God is taking care of all the details and how the kids are excited about this new adventure.  I was so worried that they would not be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!