Thursday, May 19, 2011

Vacation

So a lot of you know I had a countdown going on.  The countdown was for a vacation that I had coming up. My mom has worked for a company called At Home America for 20 years.  She is a rock star.  She wins the incentive trip every year.  This past year she won enough to bring me, my sister, and our husbands with her.  It was a great fun trip as it was also a chance for us to celebrate our husband's 40th birthdays.  In fact, my husband turned 40 while we were gone.

Just where did we go?  Moon Palace resort in Cancun, Mexico.

And did we have fun.  It was our first vacation without children ... ever.  And we thoroughly enjoyed just not having to be on a schedule the most.





But the funnest thing we did was that my husband decided to celebrate turning 40 by going parasailing!  He had always sworn he would never go parasailing because he is scared of heights.  I didn't even have to like persuade him or anything - he just decided he needed to do this to mark it off his bucket list and feel young again.  It was amazing.



It was especially fun being on vacation with a ton of people you knew.  Everywhere you went there were people we knew which was really fun.

I can't thank my mom enough for everything.  We needed this break so much.  Daren let loose like he has NEVER let loose before (please no comments mom - you did so good - you were such a good mother-in-law).  And let's just say that for the most part what happens in Cancun stays in Cancun.  Wink, wink!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! 'I'm a big fan of the "vacation without kids" thing. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!