Monday, January 18, 2010

2010 Race Plans

I am trying to make goals for my running for this year.  I have already stated that one of my goals for this year is to do a half marathon.  I am actually looking at coordhinating a small group of people to get together to do the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon in October, but I want to have a good plan of what I will do before that.  So here is what I have come up with so far.

  1. The Torch Run.  This 5K race is at NC State University on February 20 and is a run to benefit the local Special Olympics.  In an effort to raise money for this race I will be placing the challenge out to all who would like to sponsor me that if I can raise $100 in donations I will not only run the 5K, but I will also participate in the Polar Plunge that takes place after the race.  Yeah - I'm that insane.
  2. Next I would like to do a 10K.  There is one on March 6 and one on April 10.  I may do both?  I will definitely do one or the other.  The one on March 6 is the Cary Distance Festival.  The one on April 10 is the 2010 Cary Road Race. It might be nice to see how my time improves at this distance.  I am already up to 6 miles on my long runs on the weekend - so I think the March race is definitely do-able.
  3. The InsideOut Sports Classic Half Marathon is on May 16.  This would be a good one for me to get my feet wet and know what I need to work on over the summer before I do the Myrtle Beach Half Marathon.
  4. And then to commemorate my first run last year, Jen and I will definitely be doing the Skirt Chaser if they offer it in Raleigh again (currently there are no dates for 2010 in Raleigh - but I'm pretty sure they will do it again - they had a fantastic turnout last year).  This course was actually pretty tough and the party afterwards I missed last year, but won't be missing this year.  :)
So that is my current plan.  Still so weird for me to be talking about doing such distance and endurance running.  I still can't believe that I love running so much.  I haven't been able to run as much as I want since my last surgery and during the cold of winter and it's been driving me crazy - I have actually dreamt about running - how crazy is that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!