Sunday, January 3, 2010

Just because it's my blog and I can!

OK - it's my blog and if I want to be narcissistic I can.

I post a lot of pictures of myself.  I do that because it's the pictures that help me see the changes in me that I often times can't feel (physicall or mentally).  To be honest - in my mind I still see the fat chic who broke the chair last Christmas.  I know I shouldn't - I know in my head I have come a long way, but I was that chic for so long that it's hard to let her go.

With that being said - my husband made me so happy today.  He was loving the dress and boots I had on.  Someone at church grabbed me and said "I just have to tell you how fantastic you look."  I get that from time to time and it still makes me uncomfortable.  But Daren grabbed me from behind and pulled my coat off and said "I KNOW!  Doesn't she look fabulous?" like he was showing me off.  Now, again - I know (in my head) that he loves me and tha the is proud of the changes in me - but to have him do it in such a public way - show how he is proud of me - it totally took me off guard!  I was so not prepared for that!  My friend jumped up and down and went "That is so great!  You should show her off!  I love it!"  and it was like the whole thing was happening in slow motion in front of me - totally surreal.  Utterly unbelievable!

So here is what I was wearing today.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam,
    I recently started a blog outlining my Band to DS journey and wondered if it would be okay for me to link to your blog and if you'd do the same for me? Here's my link if you'd like to check me out first.

    http://awlschronicle.com/blog

    I apologize for this method of communication but I could not find a contact tab. :)

    Please let me know. BTW: you look fantastic! Love the boots!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!