Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Disappointed

I have put off making this blog post.  I have tried my darndest to figure out a way around it.  But because of my recent surgery I am unable to run in the 2010 Torch Run coming up this Saturday - and more disappointing than that - I am unable to partake in the Polar Plunge that I have been raising money for.  Not that I would particularly enjoy jumping into Lake Raleigh, but I was amazed at how much money I was able to raise for such a worthy cause as the Special Olympics.  I had raised $525 so far.  The money that has been donated will still go towards Special Olympics and I am still committed to raising money for this cause and will continue to campaign to do so, but I am unable to run yet (have to give my insides time to heal before I go jostling them all around), and the doc has put a kabosh on me jumping into a nasty lake with incisions that are still healing, risking them getting infected.  I am still considering walking the 5K instead of running it, but I know that if I get there I will be so tempted to run it, so I may have to stay away for my own good.  As odd as it sounds I was really looking forward to this weekend and was excited about it.  I am so disappointed to not be able to participate as I had planned.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you can't run the race now! That's a bummer. Great job raising the $$ though! Take care and heal up & plan for next time around. Much Love, Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam. So sorry to hear that you won't be able to run. That must be really disappointing for you. How fantastic that you have raised money for such a worthy organization.

    I wish you a speedy recovery from you surgery.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!