Sunday, February 28, 2010

Making Up For Missed Opportunities

So as I posted before - I was very disappointed when I was not cleared by my surgeon to participate in the Polar Plunge that I had raised money for.  The cause (Special Olympics) was very worthy and I suspect that many people donated with the ulterior motive of seeing me very cold and very wet.  :)

I am in Myrtle Beach this weekend on a very small vacation with my family and my brother-in-law and his family.  I got up this morning and managed to get out on the beach to do a run.  I have never run on the beach before - it's definitely more challenging - a great workout. 

It has been a very cold winter here in the south.  Normally at this time of year it would be in the 60's here in Myrtle Beach.  But it's barely out of the 40's this weekend and the wind is wicked.  When I got back from my run I was so cold - numb really - I figured - might as well jump in and do my polar plunge now - I'm already numb.  Hubby liked that idea, too.  So I quick changed before I could change my mind and warm up too much - and we went down to the beach - and here is what happened:




So as a thank you to all who donated - here is my polar plunge.  We are told the water temps might be 42.  Let me assure - that is some freakin' cold water.  It hurt!  But I hope it satisfies my supporters.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I've been catching up on my blog reading and am glad you've recovered well from your hernia surgery. I had the same problem, along with gallbladder issues just over a year ago. I think they need to update the stats, as I know one other person that had the hernia, and the % of that complication used to be less than 1%! lol
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud with your video, girl.... You are one brave woman. Hope you are thawed out now!!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!