Sunday, August 15, 2010

Where do I go from here?

So I spent 3 days as a guest of Rex Hospital for my bout with Pancreatitis.  The only thing we learned while I was there was that no one knows why I had the Pancreatitis. I don't have a gallbladder anymore and the ultrasound they performed did not show any left over stones or sludge in the bile ducts.  The other common cause of Pancreatitis is alcohol - I don't drink enough to cause that - I may have one drink a week at this point.  The other thing that was discovered during my stay at Rex was that the surface of my liver is rough and uneven - it should be smooth.  So I was tested for several liver diseases.  None of them came back as positive.  So that begs the question - why is my liver like that (supposedly scarred - almost like cirhosis)?  Did the problem with my liver cause the pancreatitis? 

And more importantly ... What the hell?  I mean seriously?  Who has all this stuff happen to them in such a short amount of time and it's not connected somehow?  Everyone I talk to says that it can't be connected to the kidney tumor.  Fine.  But I had an attack like this just in May - so it can't be idiopathic - it must somehow be connected to SOMETHING else I have going on.  The gastric bypass surgery?  My malabsorption due to the gastric bypass?  The abdominal CT scan and the upper endoscopy I had showed nothing out of the ordinary there.  And let's not forget that the day before all this happened I had my wisdom tooth removed.  I was put on percocet (nothing new there) and amoxicillin for that.  I feel like my body is attacking itself.  So either someone seriously has a voo doo doll of me and is having a lot of fun with it, or there is something systemic going on here.  I need answers.  I need to know I'm not going insane. 

But somehow I feel like I'm not going to get any answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!