Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Products I Love

I forgot to mention a few things that I got for my birthday this year that have become Products I Love.

The first is my Sportsline Heart Rate Monitor. My parents bought this for me for my birthday. I love it because it doesn't have a chest strap with it. This means I have to check my heart rate during my work out - but it is so fast and easy to do - I don't mind doing it at all. I just have to press the button on the face of the watch for a few seconds and it takes my heart rate. It has EKG accuracy. It also tells me if my heart rate is too low and I need to pick it up, or too low and I need to slow down. It has several different modes - regular time, a timer, a countdown timer, and a calorie burning mode. That one is my favorite. I start it at my work out and it shows me how long I have been working out and how many calories I have burned (which is accurately calculated based on your heart rate).


The second thing I got for my birthday that I love is my Sony Walkman. No, don't think those walkman's we all had in Jr. High - the tape recorder with the big headphones. This is 2009 people. I know the gold standard in MP3 players is the iPod, but honestly - I only use the MP3 player when I run and I just didn't have the money to put into an iPod. I looked at the Shuffle, but I still wanted to be able to have an interface that I could see what I was doing. I found the Sony Walkman (in pink even!) and I have loved using it. It does MP3 songs, but it also holds pictures and videos just like an iPod. The 2 inch screen is big enough to show what I need. Being a Sony Walkman - it also has FM Radio which I didn't think I needed, but has come in handy several times. My lovely husband also bought me a black neoprene case and armband for me to use while running. The case protects the Walkman from the elements and can be used separately from the armband. I love it all. I have gotten to the point that I can't run without my tunes. They help me zone out and not fight my brain while I'm running. I am able to run farther and farther these days. The one thing I will say about the walkman is that the earphones that come with it are not designed for running at all. You will need to invest in some different earphones that stay on your ears better when you are running. I bought some Phillips ones that wrap around my ears and they work great.
That is all for now - check back later for others! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!