Thursday, June 11, 2009

Things you don't even realize you think about

So this morning I had a big meeting at work. A big wig from corporate was in town to give a talk to the troops. I got there a little late and most seats were taken when I got there. I found one next to my boss - a seat next to him was open - someone was sitting in the seat one away from him. All I could think was "I don't want to sit there - these seats are small and there's not enough room. I won't be able to fit in that chair. No one wants to sit that close to me." But I needed to sit and stop bringing attention to myself. So I scooted in and sat down. And to my surprise - it wasn't so tight! I could sit there just fine and didn't feel like I was encroaching on my boss's personal space. And I wasn't super uncomfortable. I could even cross my legs and take up even less space! And as I was sitting there wondering to myself "Does anyone else even think these things in a situation like this?" These are the kinds of things that I have been obsessing over in my mind for years! Every social situation I'm jockeying for position to make sure I'm not put in a position that would make me look stupid. Now I'm feeling like I'm hitting a new phase of Freedom in this journey.

1 comment:

Show me some love people!