Monday, May 25, 2009

Shot In The Arm

So while I have been stalled and frustrated with my weight loss I have gotten a real shot in the arm this past weekend. It started at the grocery store on Saturday morning. I was doing my usual shopping, going down the aisle and I see this woman that I go to church with. We also see each other often at baseball and we have worked Vacation Bible School together. So as she was passing me in the aisle - going in the opposite direction I said "Hey, Pam!" She just kinda looked at me like I had 3 heads. OK - weird. Then we passed each other in the next aisle and she just kinda ignored me. I was like "Seriously?". Then on the next aisle when she saw me she finally goes "OK - I totally didn't know who you were! And you said Hey - and I was like 'Why is she talking to me?' I didn't recognize you at all!" I mean - I know I cut my hair and colored it - but that is kinda standard for me - I change my hair color a lot. Then at the surprise party that my mom and my husband threw for me on Saturday night I had another incident. A friend of mine came a little late, after I had already arrived. She got there and went up to my mom and asked if I was there yet. Mom was like "Uh - yeah - right there." She was like "NO! That's not her!" Keep in mind - I just saw her a couple of weeks ago and she has seen my new 'do on Facebook. I thought it was a fluke - until today. I went with my son to "Beach Day" at school. I don't normally get to do school activities with him because I am working, but today they had a weather make up day and the teachers decided to do Beach Day to give the parents an opportunity to come and participate. Several parents said they didn't recognize me. But the one that took the cake was my son's teacher. I see her pretty often because we also go to church together. She was talking to me and kind of looking at me funny and I took my sunglasses off and her eyes got huge and she went "PAM! I didn't even know I was talking to you! I thought you were a parent of a child in a different class!" That's craziness! Just the shot in the arm I have needed while my weight loss has been stalled.

1 comment:

Show me some love people!