Sunday, May 24, 2009

My First 5K!

Wow! What a weekend this has been!

I took Thursday off because my daughters graduated from Kindergarten! So much fun!



I took Friday off because I could and I deserve it! :) I just needed a little "me" day. I got my hair cut and colored. It's been a very long time since I have done that. And I really cut it all off!


Saturday I had my first 5K!


When I started this WLS journey I made a bunch of goals. Not once did I even consider having jogging or running as a goal once I lost some weight. In fact, had you mentioned it to me I would have said "Uh - yeah - so I don't do that. I hate it." And now, not only do I run - I did my first 5K! I had a great friend from work who ran it with me. It was so great - like having my very own cheerleader. She was gracious enough to run with me and not leave me - even though I ran so slowly. I had two goals ... the first was to get to the finish line without walking. I did it! It was hard - there were some gnarly hills and I wasn't really expecting them. The second goal was to not be the last one in. I did it! Out of 638 runners I finished 623rd! Cutting it close, I admit, but I did it. Here is a video of me coming across the finish line. I must warn you - it could be confused for a Jell-o commercial ... watch it wiggle, see it jiggle!





And I came home after the 5K to a surprise party!!! A bunch of friends had gathered to help me celebrate my first 5K and my birthday! It was so great.


2 comments:

  1. Like I told you today... I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooo proud of you! I don't even know how to put it into words. Keep up the awesome work! You look fan-tabulous! XOXO-dani

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!