Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Percentages

So as I posted a couple of days ago - I am at a stall. It's very frustrating and messes with my mind in new and irritating ways. Right now no matter what I do I just play with the same 2 pounds. I run, I drink, I count, I eat less, I eat more, you get the picture.

But today on one of the support boards that I live on these days (shout out to all my OH Peeps! Holla!) someone asked a question that intrigued me. She asked us what percentage of your excess body weight have you lost? Well, at first I started having flashbacks to Jr. High Math class with Mr. Verkaik and my head started to pound. But once I took a deep breath and though through exactly what I was trying to calculate I decided to go ahead and figure it out.

So I want to loose about 130 pounds total. Of that 130 pounds I have lost 75 pounds so far. That means have lost 58% of my excess body weight! In just over 4 months! That's craziness!

Looking at the numbers that way gives me a whole new outlook on the situation that I'm in at the moment.

Another friend gave me encouragement this week on focusing on the long term changes that I am making for myself and that those are the most important things I can do for myself. Changing my eating habits, my exercise habits, my relationship with food in general. Those things aren't easy and I knew in my head they wouldn't be easy. But now as the rubber meets the road and I actually have to do it - it's just not always fun. But it is always good.

So here's a picture of me today in some of my new clothes that are regular sized. Yeah me!



3 comments:

  1. Yay, Pam! I just caught up on your blog...You are an inspiration!! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so cute, pam! :)
    ~liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE! You look absolutley, undeniabley, fan-freakin-tastic!!! ~dani

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!