Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kanga 2, Pamelot 0

So 8 months after surgery I have discovered that I am still having to make sure I obey the rules of the pouch. Today was a stark reminder of just how much I need to obey the rules or my life will be miserable. I had lunch earlier today and there were two problems. One - I really wanted lunch. I was so ready for lunch. Two - it was super yummy and I wanted it all! So what did I do? I ate way too fast. And I didn't stop when I should have (after a couple of bites). So Kanga made sure to remind me who was in control. I was miserable until Kanga refunded the Roo. And keep in mind - this was after 3 bites of food. But I ate too fast, and I didn't chew chew chew chew before I swallowed. UGH!

And after a stressful day all I wanted was some chocolate. I had been craving it all day. I tried to satisfy the craving by getting an Odwalla chocolate bar. No - no - no. No. Have I mentioned, not so much? Yuck! I had to stop at WalMart on the way home and the York Peppermint Patty was calling my name from the checkout lane. So I gave in. And I totally regretted that decision. I totally dumped. I was struggling to make it home before I was taken over by the carb coma I was slipping into. There is nothing worse than feeling like you can't keep your eyes open while you are driving!

So I have to admit defeat to Kanga today. She has won 2 rounds to my 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!