Wednesday, September 9, 2009

NO WAY!

So I know this is kinda stalker-ish, but I found my high school math teacher and track coach on the web site for the school he now teaches at in Michigan. My husband had suggested that I try to get a hold of him to let him know I was running. That would be of particular interest to someone who really had to motivate me to run even a half mile in high school.

So I found him and I sent him an email and let him know I was running and how much I was loving it seeing as how I never thought I would ever find myself saying that. I am up to running 5 to 6 miles during the week and on the weekends when I do my long runs I am up to about 8 miles. (I need to step that up if I have a prayer of finishing a half marathon in November!) I wanted to let him know that I could still hear and feel his encouragement from the past and wanted him to know how much it meant to me, etc...

He graciously wrote his former student-now stalker back and let me know that I was now running farther than him! Math-teachin-track-coach say what? Let me assure you that thought had NEVER crossed my mind!

So Mr. Verkaik - please know you have made my millenium! Whodathunkit? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!