Monday, June 14, 2010

1 more day to go

So it's the day before surgery.

I am tired.  Physically, mentally, emotionally.  I just want this all to be over with.  I have been keeping myself busy with the day to day and with trying to plan for the weeks ahead.   The house got a deep clean this past weekend so that when I come home from the hospital I won't be looking around at everything and wanting to get up and clean. Of course, I have 3 small children and a husband - so chances are I will still want to get up and clean, but oh well. Working with my mom on plans for the kids this week so that she and my husband are free to spend as much time as they would like to at the hospital with me (see - it really is all about Pam).  In general - just keeping busy.

But at night it's hard to fall asleep

On the bright side - I've gotten wonderful phone calls, cards, even flower deliveries - from friends and family around the country.  I am a blessed and fortunate woman to be surrounded with such love.

So here is my most recent blessings post:

  1. Fantastic doctors who take their committment to their patients seriously.
  2. Family to take care of me.
  3. Friends to love me.
  4. Chest pain that lead the doctors to discover Elvira - hopefully early enough to remove her before she did even more damage.
The big question over the next 24 hours - how will Elvira be extracted? Will the doctor be able to do it laproscopically, or will he need to convert to a larger incision?  I will try to update the blog as soon as I can with details.  The earliest it will be will probably be Wednesday as the surgery on Tuesday is not until later in the afternoon.


Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the next few days.  I covet and treasure them.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pam,

    I will be thinking about you tomorrow! You are braver than I would be in this situation. I'll be anxious until I see your first post after the surgery.
    Take care, Breathe and Relax as much as possible.

    Corrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was praying for you today as I painted. Prayed specifically that the doctor would be able to do it laproscopically. I will pray tonight for a peace to overcome you so that you fall asleep easily. Hugs and Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they can take Elvira out of there laproscopically and that you heal quickly and as pain free as possible!

    Hugs from TX!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Sweetie. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Elvira, be GONE!! I want my carefree, laughing friend back!! You have been so very strong; you are absoltely amazing and remarkable. Your angels will continue to be with you and I can't wait to see your smiling face again! All my love, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!