Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Plan of Attack!

I am now more determined than ever to do the half marathon in Myrtle Beach in October.  The doctor has said that I am not allowed to run for 6 weeks post surgery, but that I can walk as much as I can tolerate.  So I am determined to walk every day - adding a little bit more distance to what I'm doing every day.  Yesterday I was able to get in just under a mile.  For my birthday this year I got new running shoes and I finally pulled them out yesterday and tried them out.  It is still a bit exhausting for me.  Doc had cautioned me that I would start to feel better physically pretty quickly because of the laparoscopic surgery, but that inside there was still quite a bit of adjusting happening as a result of my body getting used to having just one kidney.  So I get tired really easily right now.  But as I said - I'm determined to still do the half marathon in October.  So once I get to the point of being able to run in late July I will have to get very serious about my training plan in order to have my mileage up for that race.

2 comments:

  1. I can soooo HAPPY that you are doing so well. I wish I lived in NC so we could train together. That's my next goal and it's hard to motivate myself to run. ;-)

    Take Care!
    Corrina

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!