Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My scale is in shock!

I think my scale is in shock!  It registered the lowest weight EVER when I got on it this morning!  I had gained 10 pounds after surgery from the IV fluids and such - it was quite disheartening.  So I have lost that 10 pounds and an additional 7 pounds since that - just over a week past surgery.  I'm hoping that it's not a fluke - I guess the coming days will tell.  I have just 8 pounds to go until I hit the weight that my bariatric surgeon had set for me.  If I can hit that and stay there for a while I will be draggin' my butt straight to the plastic surgeons!  This extra skin has proven to be a major issue.  The small incision that Dr. Jalkut made was where my c-sections and hysterectomy were - all the extra skin has made healing a bit hard.  I won't get into the graphic details - but I'm hoping this actually helps my case for getting the abdominoplasty (read ... tummy tuck!) covered by insurance.  And it's great encouragement to continue my walking while I can't run!

1 comment:

Show me some love people!