Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Holding Pattern

I know - I was a blogging fool there for a hot minute and then kind of dropped off the face of the earth for a few days.  I am just in a holding pattern.  It's driving me crazy.  I know there's a lesson in here for me somewhere, but I have yet to discover it.  Just waiting for the surgery - waiting to evict Elvira - waiting for more unknown.

And while I am consumed by this - I find myself utterly sick of discussing it - and yet at the same time - unable to discuss anything else.

I took advantage of some of the extra time by cleaning my house.  Of course, with 3 kids, a husband, and 2 dogs - I will just have to do it again before the 15th.  :)

I am still trying to focus on my blessings through all of this - so here goes.

  • Friends - coming out of the wood-work - to love on me, pray for me, support me and my family through this.  I am constantly amazed by how truly blessed I am in this department.
  • School is out!  I am enjoying a somewhat slower pace of life with the kids - not having to worry about homework or reports or projects that are due.  June keeps the kids pretty busy with various mini camps and VBS and I'm hoping that will be helpful when surgery comes up - to keep them pre-occupied with other things and not really having to deal with mom having another surgery.
  • I know that something good will come of all of this - even this holding pattern that I am loathing at the moment.  God has something in it for me and for my family.

2 comments:

  1. Yes... those holding moments hold great treasures if we can just look past the moment. Take time before your surgery in the less hectic pace to be still, know God, and let Him wash afresh over you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm still checking your blog since I'm off facebook these days. I was very thankful to see that your bones and lungs are good. We are continuing to pray for you and Daren. Let me know how things look for a time I could drop by. We had a bad car accident last weekend--drunk driver came through a red light into our lane of traffic on US1 up in Franklin county. We are all fine. Anyway, sometime I'd like to drop by.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!