Monday, March 23, 2009

Hell Has Frozen Over!

OK - I just did something I swore I would never do - ever ever again.

I haven't done it since high school. I didn't enjoy it even then.

I jogged. I can't believe it. I jogged! 2 whole miles!

Now let me be clear here. I jogged. I did not run. It was only slightly (allbeit ever so slightly) faster than a good walk. But I did it! I jogged! I have no idea what possessed me, but I did it! I only stopped to walk once in 2 miles! I can't believe it! And in the spirit of true confession - I waited until it was dark so no one could see me. :)

And can I just say - I truly don't know why I did it. I have hated jogging and running for forever. No interest in doing it whatsoever. I was pretty active in high school. Did Volleyball, Cheerleading, Softball, and even Track & Field. I like to emphasize the "Field" part of Track and Field. And truth be told - I only did it to (1) get out of school early for track meets, and (2) go to the Pennsylvania track meet for 3 days which meant - out of school for 3 days and a chance to make out with my boyfriend on the bus in the dark. As soon as said boyfriend graduated from high school I quit. And I only ran when I had to as part of my conditioning. My coach would occassionally put me in races and I dreaded it. I was always last. I was an awful runner. I was fair to poor in the field events as well. I did shot put, high jump, javelin, and dabbled in discus and long jump. Anything to keep the coach from entering me in a race. Anything. So when I quit Track I vowed I would never jog or run again - ever. I hated it - I would have awful asthma attacks every year - usually landing me in the ER. Tonight I have been out of breath to be sure, but nothing like I thought I would be. I can't believe I went 2 miles!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Pamela my name is Valerie Sigler I am on your mothers team in Connecticut with At Home America !!! And that is so awsome CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!! Your family is beautifull!!! keep up the GREAT work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!