Monday, March 16, 2009

SO RELAXING!

I am back from my trip to Clearwater for my sisters vacation. It was so wonderful. We had a fantastic time - a fun time - a leisurely time. We slept as late as we wanted, took naps whenever we wanted. Most of the time we had no idea what time it was - nor did we care. We were totally women of leisure. It was fantabulous. We walked everywhere we went so we were probably walking 3-4 miles a day (in my humble estimation - Shannon will probably dispute that). I managed to loose 6 pounds while on vacation! Who does that? Kanga was a little on edge while on vacation and not happy with most Roo that was given to her. That was pretty frustrating.

Here are some pictures of some of our adventures. One wild and crazy thing we did while we were down there ... we got tattoos!

This is my tattoo. The word "Loved" with 3 diamonds around the word. My kids birthdays are in April and that is their birthstone. One is blue (for my son, Caleb), one is Purple (for my daughter Megan), and one is pink (for my daughter Marissa). And, yes, it HURT. Apparently the top of your foot is one of the most painful places to get a tattoo. This REALLY hurt.


This is my sister's tattoo. She got the same word, but got two hearts - one for each of her girls in the colors of their birthstones.

Here is a silly pic of our feet together.



Here is a pic of what I looked like most days on vacation - just hanging out in my bathing suit on the doc behind our motel. We would walk along the beach and people watch, but it was so easy to sit out on the doc and just rest.



This is a fun pic of my sister. I think this pic captures the whole essence of our weekend together. It was just so great. I am so thankful to my sister for making me do this. I so needed it. I am renewed and refreshed and ready to tackle life and all it brings again. And trust me - life is bringing it's share lately. :)


I will post some more pictures soon when I go through what's on my camera, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!