Sunday, March 29, 2009

3 Months and 60 Pounds Down

Today is exactly 3 months out from surgery, and today I officially hit 60 pounds down. I hit a stall last week that had me playing around with the same 3 or 4 pounds, but this week has resolved that. The past 3 months have been absolutely surreal. They have gone by so fast and I can't believe how much weight I have lost. I am doing things I never thought I would do ... ever!

It got me to thinking about some of the goals I set for myself at the beginning of this journey. Here they are:
  • I want my feet to stop hurting. Well they hurt - but because of my new tattoo!
  • I want to be able to walk more than a mile without stopping because of my back. DONE! I now walk 3 miles without stopping at all. And I have taken to jogging! I can jog 2 miles without stopping!
  • I want to stop wearing my CPAP machine at night. I have not worn my CPAP since surgery! I don't snore (much) at night anymore! In fact, I gave my CPAP away! Hope you're enjoying it, Tim!
  • I want my knees to stop hurting. My knees still bother me - I have arthritis in them, but they don't hurt ALL the time like they did before - only when I really push myself exercising.
  • I want to be able to cross my legs comfortably. I can do it! I want to be able to be a little more comfortably doing this and do it longer, but I can do it! Even in church in the pew where there's not much room!
  • I want to be able to run around with my kids. I even got on the trampoline with my kids! I also go bike riding with them now!
  • I want to feel like I don't have to avoid mirrors. I still avoid mirrors a lot. This will have to be something I work on. And when I look in them I still see me 3 months ago. But my friends are helping me work this out.
  • I want to be able to fit comfortably in a roller coaster when we go on vacation this summer. I haven't done this yet, but I'm feeling good about the possibilities this summer!
  • I want to be able to fit comfortably in an airplane seat. On my trip to see my sister I had no trouble with the seatbelt and didn't feel like I was imposing on the person next to me. Yeah!
  • I want my blood pressure to go back to normal. I was on 3 different blood pressure medications prior to surgery because I am allergic to ACE inhibitors. I have not taken ONE of them since the day of surgery! My blood pressure has been phenomenal since surgery. I just took it now and it was 114/68!
  • I want to be able to go to the doctor and not have my blood pressure go up just at the thought of having to get on the scale. So I've only had one doctor's appointment since surgery and my blood pressure was 122/72. That is pretty freakin' good for me!
  • I want to shop in a "normal" store for clothing. I am so close to this I can taste it. It is possible I could actually shop in normal stores right now, but I am going through clothes sizes so fast right now I can't bring myself to spend money on new clothes that I will only wear for a little while. A lot of clothes I am currently wearing are just too big and that is just how it will be. I plan to make a trip to a local thrift store soon and see what I can find.
  • I don't want my kids to be embarassed by their fat mom. My kids spend a lot of time telling me how good I look when I have a new outfit on, etc... In fact, the day that the kids came to the hospital after my surgery my daughter, Marissa, took to telling everyone in the elevator that she was coming to visit her mom and that her mom was in the hospital to "get skinny".


I also took my measurements. I hate that I'm going to post this, but I'm going to post it.

Pre-op 3 months out
Bust 50 44
Rib cage 46 39
Waist 46 39
Hips 56 50
Thighs 30 26
Arms 15 13


In total I have lost 32 inches! WOW! Here is a collage I put together that compares me to a few days before surgery ....




3 comments:

  1. Keep it up Pam! You not only look amazing but you are amazing. :o) Love ya sugarkins. ~dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. you totally did that thing where the people NEVER smile in the before pics...geesh....

    :-)

    way to go skinny butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have just started the process! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!