Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Next WOW!

I have a suit jacket that has been in my closet for 16 or 17 years. It is a gorgeous jacket that my grandmother made probably 20 or 25 years ago. It doesn't matter that I haven't been able to wear it in almost 15 years - I won't get rid of it because it's precious to me - my grandmother made it. She was an excellent seemstress. And I'm always amazed that 20 years later this coat is still stylish. My grandmother never got to see me get married, though she did know D. I hope she's looking down on my from heaven and is proud of me.



So this morning as I was playing in my closet (which I am prone to doing lately as I have clothes in there that didn't fit before, but more and more they now fit) I saw that jacket calling my name from the back corner. I pulled it out - and it fit! I can even button it! It's still a gorgeous jacket. I've gotten several compliments on it today at work. So here are some pictures of me with an angel I have on my mantel that I love as I spend today thinking of my Grandma Dempsey. The second picture has me with the emerald ring that I have that was hers as well.

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOOOO on it all!! Love the latest posts and am so excited. Beautiful jacket, beautiful memory. You GO girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!