Monday, August 17, 2009

Tracking For My Stall

I seem to have hit another stall. It's so frustrating. I ask myself a lot of questions during a stall to see where I can adjust and change. Is it possible I am doing anything myself that might be sabotaging my weight loss? Here are some of the questions that I ask myself:

  • Am I eating too much?
  • Am I eating too little?
  • Am I eating enough protein?
  • Am I eating too much carbs?
  • Am I exercising enough?
  • Am I exercising too much?
  • Am I getting in enough water?
  • Am I taking my vitamins and supplements regularly?

I have found that in order to accurately answer these questions I need to track what I'm eating and what I do for exercise. I use The Daily Plate by Livestrong. I think I have mentioned it on this blog before, but it is an invaluable tool for me. It is free and can be found at www.thedailyplate.com. I highly recommend it - even if you aren't "dieting" - it is a really great way to get a good idea of exactly what your eating so that you can see where you may have deficiencies or areas to improve. If you enter your weight, age, etc..., it will calculate how many calories you should be striving for a day. Then you can enter the food that you are eating each day - available from a large database of a variety of foods. When you enter the foods it will show you calories, carbs, protein, fiber, cholesterol, sugars, etc... for that food and track your totals by day, week, and month. You can create dishes by combining various foods that you can recall by dish. You can track how much water you are drinking. You can also enter your exercise for the day and it will calculate how many calories you burned - giving you your net calories for the day. And you can run reports that will show you different trends in the information you are entering. It is a very powerful tool that can give you a lot of information fast.

So I am using The Daily Plate to track my food and exercise. I had gotten away from it since my vacation to Missouri earlier this summer. I am hoping that this will help me to see if there are any areas that I need to re-focus on as I try to break this stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!