Sunday, August 23, 2009

Inspire!

Another thing that I have heard a bit of lately is "You are such an inspiration!" Again - the compliments sometimes make me uncomfortable and I am working at taking them more graciously and in stride. So I got to thinking about that word - INSPIRE. This is what the dictionary says it means?

  1. to affect, guide, or arounse by divine influence
  2. to fill with enlivening or exalting emotion
  3. to stimulate to action; motivate
  4. to draw forth; elicit or arouse
  5. To be the cause or source of; bring about
  6. To breathe life into
  7. to stimulate energies, ideals, or reverence

And so in thinking about this word and about all that has happened in my life this past year - I started thinking about those who inspire me. I found this quote below and it summed up a lot of my thoughts perfectly:

There are so many people in my life who inspire me. It feels great to be told that you are an inspiration - so I wanted to spread the love. Here is a list of people who inspire me!

  • Daren - you have had an exceptionally rough year and you continually show me your committment to me and to your family by doing whatever needs to be done - even if it is hard or painful. You have gone above and beyond.
  • My parents - collectively and individually. They have truly taught me by example that I can do hard things.
  • My kids - their amazement and wonder at the world around them allows me to see things through the eyes of a child - all new and sparkly. :)
  • My sister - again with I can do hard things - seems to be a theme in our family. :)
  • Shari - you have been through a lot on this WLS journey - you are a wealth of wisdom and information. You pass it on like no one else can.
  • Nikki M. - for teaching me to rock what I got and love my body - extra skin and all - after all - it's the only one I got!
  • Pam T. - working your way up to a 10 mile race! Your blog and seasoned advice are always timely and accurate.
  • Krystal - yes, you are a GREAT mom!
  • April - you can make anything fun!
  • Rachel - for doin' it "the hard way" - pushing through and keeping the end in sight.
  • Jen M. - for cheering me on in my running - pushing me to further distances - encouraging me up those hills!
  • Rebecca - following your dream and going back to school - and for being my "walk the walk" friend.
  • Amy S. - your thoughtfulness and insightfulness are great!
  • Marsha - what would I do if I didn't have you for a neighbor?
  • Dani - your first race! Don't worry - those haters don't read my blog. :)
  • Becky - you are a good friend who sticks closer than a "sister" - even during the hard times.
  • Liz - I love your "homesteading"
  • Linda H. - you are so good at what you do
  • Aunt Maggie and Audrey - taking the road less traveled - but if you can do it - I can do it!


  • Tonya N. - your passion for a cause that is not only so important but near and dear to your heart is totally inspiring.
  • Amy J. - you just totally make me laugh with your stories about your dog!
  • Dana S. - going back to school and becoming a lawyer - you rock!
  • Tracy E. - IRON GIRL!
  • Kelsey - leaving yourself open to God's plan for your life.
  • Aunt Stacy - showing me that living with a difficult man can be done. :)
  • Debbie H. - going back to school while working full time.
  • Marcy - living a life of service in a foreign country.
  • Kellie F. - being so great at what you do and your love for the kids in your class.
  • Terry and Gynell - being right where God has called you.
  • Laura E. - pursuing your dream and going back to school.
  • Leah G. - you inspire me with your blog - not to mention your friendship. :)
  • RickPete - your introspection into the changes happening in your life are thoughtful and provoking.



So thank you to all who inspire me in so many different ways. You have all stimulated me to action in ways I couldn't even imagine. Thank you for allowing me to bask in the glow of your inspiration. :)


1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm feeling all loved this morning. I feel honored, too, that you would include me in your "inspire" blog!! :) Right back at ya, friend...

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!