Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another New Recipe

So I was thinking about what I could bring to the Super Bowl party at my mom's tonight that I could have and enjoy, but that others would enjoy as well. I came up with something I have decided to call Enchilada Dip. I'm not married to that name - so if you find something else please feel free to make suggestions.

First I put 3 large chicken breasts in the crockpot this morning with a box of chicken stock and an envelope of taco mix. I cooked them all day in the crock pot. When they were done the chicken just shredded - it was so yummy.

So I took the shredded chicken and put that at the bottom of a small baking dish. Then I layered a can of refried beans on top of that. On top of the beans I layered fat free sour cream. And on top of the sour cream I layered some Kraft Mexican Cheese. I put the baking dish in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes.

I liked just scooping out some of the dip and eating it as is, but I also had some Scoops tortilla chips and a lot of people were using those to eat the dip. I imagine it would be good on some tortilla shells, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!