Sunday, February 22, 2009

Good Things

So this week I did something I haven't done in a long time - I crossed my legs! HA!

Yesterday I ran into someone who I go to church with, but I don't see too often. I hadn't seen her since before surgery, and I don't believe she knows that I had the surgery. She said "I didn't recognize you, Pam. I think it must be because your hair is so long." I just smiled. A woman behind me said "No, you didn't recognize her because she's lost so much weight." My friend said "Well, that thought had crossed my mind, but I wasn't sure it was appropriate to say!" So let me tell y'all - it's always appropriate to tell someone she looks thinner!

Today as I was getting ready for church I pulled out my favorite shirt. It was humungous! I'm kinda bummed because I really love that shirt!

The other thing that I noticed today is that my butt hurts when sitting for too long. I have heard this can happen as you loose the extra padding. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

I have discovered Lactaid pills. Now that is a good thing! I can take this as I am starting to eat anything with lactose in it and I don't get sick! Yeah! I still try to stay away from dairy products as much as possible, but when I just have to have something with cheese in it - I can take this pill and it makes it all OK.

And one last good thing ... I am going to go visit my sister! I am so excited. She has arranged for me to fly down to Clearwater and visit her for 4 days. I can't even tell you how much I need to get away right now. I love my sister for knowing this about me and helping me to make it happen. And I love my friends back home for helping me out with the things at home so that I can take this break. I just can't wait! I love spending time with my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!