Wednesday, December 31, 2008

OK - let's do this!

So I'm thinking that maybe I should have stayed in the hospital another night and let them wait on me. :) Last night was more difficult than I had anticipated. I woke up about 3am in a lot of pain. I had tried to sleep in my bed, and I don't think I'm quite ready for that. The pain was a combination of gas pains (from all the gas they pump into your abdoment during the laparoscopic procedure) and the anesthesia wearing off just as I went home. Just before I left the hospital the nurse removed my drainage tube. I won't go into too much detail for y'all, but it was gross and felt so weird. So I moved to the recliner last night and that has proven to be much easier.

One thing I was told would happen was that I would come home from surgery weighing more than when I went in simply because of all the fluids they pump in to you through your IV, etc... Well, they were right! I had gained almost 10 pounds when I got home! A little discouraging to say the least, but I know it's just temporary.

So now the challenge is getting in all of the liquids that I need to get in a day! My instructions are to take in 1 ounce every 15 minutes. That is just much harder than it sounds. Not to mention my vitamins, supplements, and medications - all either in liquid form or crushed. Yuck. Liquid Vicodin is my friend, but it sure tastes nasty!

2 comments:

  1. You might have been able to get that medicine flavored. I know up here we can get the medicines flavored for the kids. just a thought. Have Daren check on that for you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are coming along. I have been praying for you. I really hope you are able to get some sleep tonight. I remember that pain after my gallbladder last year.... thankfully it doesn't last tooooo long. :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!