Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year - A New Me

My kids came home yesterday and brought some custom made balloons with them. They were lots of fun. One said "A New Year" on one side and "A New Mom" on the other. The other baloon they signed. I'm definitely looking forward to 2009 as a new beginning for me.

I had been told that this first week home would be the hardest - it has definitely not been easy. Getting 48-64 ounces of liquid in a day is proving to be a humungous task. I have to force myself to drink, or eat jello. I have never handled aspartame well (found in NutraSweet), so Crystal Light won't work - it gives me a headache even faster now that my insides have been re-routed. Yesterday I had two swallows and was down for the count with an awful headache for the rest of the day. The nutritionist did say that I could have juice if it was 100% juice - no sugar added - so I have sent D on a scavenger hunt this morning with the girls to try to find some place open on New Year's Day. I hope to try to take a short walk outside today as well to get the gas moving. It's getting better, but is still giving me grief.

I've now lost the weight that I gained from surgery - so that is encouraging. Let's see how things go from here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pam! I'm so glad you are doing well. I'm sorry that this has been painful for you. It has been amazing to read your story. You've been so open and it is inspiring! love you Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can only get better, right?

    Consider a juicer? Target has them relatively inexpensive...a nice thing to have around anyway (good way to 'hide' veggies on kids)

    Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!