Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Some Sense of Normalcy

I was able to have dinner with my family tonight. I know that doesn't sound like such a big deal, but it is to me. Since surgery I have not been able to eat anything that my family is eating. But today I made a roast in the crock pot. It was the perfect day for a roast in the crock pot being stuck at home and the snow falling and such. By about 5:30 the smell in the house was to die for! So after serving my family I took about 2 forkfuls of roast and used my Pampered Chef chopper on it to get it ground up real good. So I ate those two forkfuls and 2 forkfuls of mashed potatoes - and that was dinner! Yeah!

I did something different with the roast this time. I had found a fantastic recipe by Shelly on Eggface for a crock pot pot roast. But being stuck in the house I didn't have exactly all of the ingredients she listed. So I improvised. I'm not usually an improviser in the kitchen, but according to my family it came out pretty good!

I put the pot roast in the crock pot and I covered it with a can of cream of mushroom soup. Then I took a package of Lipton's onion soup mix and emptied it on top of the roast and soup - without mixing it in. I didn't have any white wine - so I put vodka in instead. Go ahead - laugh - I did. Vodka? Seriously? It sounded good at the time. I cooked it all day in the crock pot - it smelled delicious and my whole family really liked it. I served it with mashed potatoes and some baby carrots (cause my kids love those). So I have now dubbed this Pam's Vodka Pot Roast.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I kill myself.

1 comment:

  1. That pot roast sounds amazing. I'm getting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!