Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Cure for the Crankies!

I had my post-op appointment with my surgeon today. I am officially down 21 pounds since surgery! I am beyond excited about that. A definite cure for the crankies I've been having. Was told the ups and downs are normal and to be expected (both hormonally and on the scale). I was approved to move on to pureed foods. I was also told that I could stop crushing the Zoloft that I take every day. THANK GOD! That stuff is major bitter when you crush it. Now I cut it in half and take half at breakfast and half at lunch. I can also start taking my vitamins, etc... in chewable form. I had been adding a powdered form of vitamins to my protein shakes. It didn't have a taste, but it did have a smell and changed the texture of what I was eating. The B12 and Calcium I was taking was liquid and it was disgusting. So I bought some Bariatric Fusion from the doctor's office. It has all of the vitamins and supplements I need in it - specially formulated for bariatric patients. I chew 4 of them a day. Much better. My blood pressure was pretty good, too. Today was the first day that I noticed my pants felt looser when I put them on this morning, and the shirt I'm wearing is kinda too big. It wasn't tight before, but it wasn't this loose either. I have to admit - it's been a very long time since I have seen these numbers on the scale. Last night in an effort to run from the kitchen I went upstairs and got the treadmill out and going again. That was a very good use of my time. It's pretty cold here in NC, so it's good that I can do the treadmill instead of walking outside. I would really like to join a gym, but I just can't afford it right now. Ultimately, I would love to join a gym that the kids could go to and enjoy - one with a pool they can play at during the summer. I am still investigating - if anyone knows of any good deals out there - let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!