Monday, January 26, 2009

WHOA!

My good friend, Rachel, invited me to start "walking" with her during lunch at work. We were supposed to start last week, but with the snow screwing up our schedules - we started this week.

Let me tell you, that was not a walk. No, walking is not what we did. We went hiking. The building we work at has a trail around the campus. Which is nice and convenient. BUT HOLY CRAP! There is major terrain people! We did a mile and a half in a little over 45 minutes. Now that isn't much if you're just walking, and I'm sure that I totally slowed Rachel down since it was my first time. And now I just want to collapse at my desk. I could totally just lay down and become comatose for the next several hours. I am exhausted. I took a protein bullet before we left, but it's not quite cutting it.

When I got back to my desk I plugged my activity into my plate on The Daily Plate. It says I burned 598 calories! WHOA! Seriously? At this point I'm lucky to take in 600-800 calories a day! I just burned what I ate! My heart rate is always high - even at rest it's really high. So while we were hiking I had Rachel help me check my heart rate a couple of times. The first really big hill we took it was up at 170. After a few more hills Rachel made me stop because my heart rate was up to 200. But it was normally running about 140-150.

I better get change and get back to work - I just had to update y'all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!