Thursday, January 1, 2009

My First WOW Moment!

So amazingly enough - I have had my first WOW moment since surgery. I wasn't expecting this particular WOW for some time.

I have high blood pressure and have been taking medication for it for the past 4 years. About 2 years ago I had an allergic reaction to the medication I was taking which was an ACE-Inhibitor. It's a very rare allergic reaction called angioedema. It can be very serious. Mine was mild as reactions go, but not to be ignored. So I am now allergic to ACE-Inhibitors which means that I now take 3 medications for my blood pressure. I hate it. It's ridiculous.

But since my surgery my blood pressure has been GREAT! Now initially following surgery your blood pressure is usually lower, but mine has continued to stay low. I have been monitoring my blood pressure since I got home from the hospital and it is still really good. I would have to crush my medications and take them in juice or water right now and it tastes horrific - so I thought I would monitor my blood pressure and if it started to climb back up - I would bite the bullet and take the meds. But my blood pressure continues to be really good! Better than it was most of the time when I was on the meds before surgery!

I knew that eventually my blood pressure would get better - but I expected it to happen after I had lost some significant weight - not just by having the surgery.

WOW! WOW! WOW!

2 comments:

  1. That's great news! How about losing the fluid weight right away as well--that one deserves a cheer too!
    That article on food addictions was fascinating. I know I am a sugar-holic. I tried to wean myself at the beginning of December and couldn't last the week. Now I will try to stick it out for 10 days and see if I can cleanse and begin to sort out some stuff around here so that the children likewise are weaned off sugar and refined carbs. They are already developing habits and patterns and to read about the generational link was eye-opening. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!