Sunday, January 25, 2009

Verklempt

OK - I've been all verklempt tonight after being approached by 2 different people at church tonight. One was my son's 3rd grade teacher, and one was his Cub Scout Leader. Both told me that when it is time to pray and they ask for prayer requests Caleb is constantly either asking people to pray for me that I would recover from my surgery well, or he is submitting praise reports for me because I am doing so well after surgery or because I found a new drink or food that I like and that I can eat. How awesome is that? How can I not do well with this surgery when I have the most precious one petitioning our Father on my behalf? He is constantly looking out for me - trying to be mindful of not eating things that I would like but can't have around me. As I have said in the past - my children are my greatest reminder of God's grace and mercy in my life. How could I have been so blessed as to have been granted these angels? My daughter, Marissa, has been heard telling total strangers in the hospital elevator that they were visiting their mommy who was in the hospital to get skinny. Out of the mouths of babes ....

Of course, you will need to remind me of this tomorrow morning when I have said for the 100th time "Sit down and eat your breakfast!! No, you can't have icing for breakfast!! Ms. Beth will be here any minute to pick you up! Take your meds! Get your shoes and socks on! What do you mean you were supposed to read that for today? NO! SIT DOWN AND EAT YOUR BREAKFAST! Don't get your butt up from that chair again until you are done eating your breakfast!!!!! Put your bowl in the sink please! No, you can't bring your Hannah Montanna doll to school today! Where is your backpack? What do you mean you have no shoes? Please - stop touching the dogs while you are eating breakfast! "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!