Sunday, January 25, 2009

WLS Oddities

So there are a few odd things that have happened with my WLS. No one tells you about the odd things that happen to your body after WLS. Like re-routing my intestines isn't odd enough.

The first is that I am breaking out like I have hit puberty all over again. Apparently hormones like to hide out in your fat cells, and as the fat cells shrink the hormones are released back into your body. UGH! It wreaks havoc with you!

The second is that I am COLD ... all the time!! I am not used to this at all. Being fat I was hot all the time. Now I can't get warm. I feel like I will never get warm again! I have been told by my surgeon that because I am taking in so little calories right now, my internal thermostat is low on the priority list for keeping me going.

I have to be really careful drinking cold drinks. That first sip had better be just that - a sip. If I take in a bit too much it hurts - like Kanga cramps up from the shock or something. I still can't gulp anything - have to be careful about how much I take in at one time. And in that vain - burping has never been so painful! I work and work and work at getting a bubble up (and I suddenly have to burp all the freakin' time!) only for it to be just a little something. I would think for all that work and effort it should be one monster belch. And I am good at the monster belch, but now I seem to have broken my burping bone or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!