Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another WOW Moment!

So last night after my lovely dumping episode I went over to my mom's house. My mom (who is my hero) lost a lot of weight last year. In so doing, she had a lot of clothes that she grew out of. For some reason she kept a bunch of it. So last night I got to go shopping in her closet! I love doing that. I know some of you are thinking "Seriously? Shopping in your 60 year old mother's closet?" I have to tell you my mom is so cool and has excellent taste in clothes. I can't wait until we can share more clothes again.

So the first pair of pants she brougth out were 3 sizes smaller than what I have been wearing. I said No Way - I will never fit in those, mom. But she convinced me to try - at least give ourselves a starting point. So I stepped into them ... pulled them up ... buttoned them ... and zipped them. THEY FIT!!!!! I won't lie - I did me a little happy dance right there.

I ended up walking away with 2 garbage bags full of clothes! Some of the clothes are a little on the tight side, but I will probably fit in them sooner rather than later at the rate I am going.

The most fun we had last night is I tried a bunch of the formal wear that she has in her closet. I really have to find somewhere to wear some of this! We took some pictures of me in the hot-ness, but I don't have them yet. As soon as I get them I will post them.

And I would like to give a shout out to my friend Rachel today who seems to be having her own WOW moment today. She is rockin' the hot-ness today in a stylish outfit. She looks fantastic! She is losing weight as well and is looking fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!