Thursday, May 27, 2010

Explanations

So I think we have some explanations for why the surgery is not as soon as we would like it to be.  My darling husband made some phone calls today and threw a few hissy fits with a few people (I have trained him well).

First he called Dr. Jalkut's office and talked to the scheduler.  He was nice about it, but he voiced his concern about telling me I basically have cancer, but then pushing surgery out 3 weeks.  The scheduler understood his frustration and offered to pass a message along to Dr. Jalkut. 

Dr. Jalkut himself called Daren back.  He was very understanding of our frustration and explained that the reason he could not do it until June 15 is because he really wanted a particular partner in his office to be in the surgery with him.  He is concerned about my previous surgeries - particulary my gastric bypass - and the challenge that will present to him to remove my kidney.  He really wants another surgeon in the OR with him to assist him with the unique challenges that may present.  With that being said - coordinating his schedule with his partner and the OR - this was the quickest they could get that scheduled.  He even recheduled all of his clinic appointments for that day so that he could do this surgery.  He could get me in sooner, but would only have a PA to assist him in the OR - and he very much wanted his partner in there.

So really - how can I be upset with that??? 

Hubby also called Dr. Bloom to "chat".  :)  Dr. Bloom and Dr. Jalkut talked and then Dr. Bloom called us.  We go the same story.  We also got reassurances from both doctors that this tumor has probably been there a long time and while they realize it's hard to wait and upsetting - it won't change much in that time and neither will the prognosis.

So I guess it is what it is.  I've never been very good at patience.  It appears I need another lesson in it or something.  Whatfrekinever.

So my bone scan is in the morning tomorrow.  Really wishing I had a kindle right about now to help me pass the time while I wait around.  :)  May have to smuggle my mom's MiFi gadget so I can at least surf the web while I wait.  Maybe I'll catch some of you on FB tomorrow!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!