Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bone Scan

OK - so I have my bone scan scheduled for Friday morning.  My understanding is this scan can take several hours - a lot of that waiting around time involved in that.  So there goes my Friday.

So, obviously, not going to have surgery this week.  Still waiting for that to be scheduled.  Apparently, Dr. Jalkut needs to write something up for the surgery before he gives it to the scheduler.  He has my file in his office and is working on it is what I'm being told.

So I still have an upper endoscopy scheduled for Thursday morning.  We are keeping that appointment because I am still having pretty persistent chest pain and we want to get to the bottom of it.  I'm beginning to believe it really could be stress or anxiety ... so bring on the Xanax baby!  :)  To be honest, I would rather have my kidney out than have an upper endsocopy.  The last time I had one they had to wake me up in the middle of it because I was gagging too much and they couldn't get the camera down far enough - so they had to wake me up with the camera half way down and get me to calm down (yeah right!) and breath through my nose so that they could progress the camera.  Most people don't remember their EGD's - I remember almost my entire EGD with vivid memory.  Not fun.  But I do hope to get some answers to this chest pain.

Since I will not have had my surgery by this weekend - I'm thinking I should really send Elvira off with a bang!  Ride this kidney hard while I have it!  :)  We'll see what I can conjur up!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I just caught up on reading your blog. I'm so sorry that you are having so many medical problems right now, but I'm glad that you were proactive with seeing the doctor. So many people shrug it off and move on.

    I hope you were able to enjoy your birthday!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know you personally, but I am friends with Robin and have been best friends with Debbie since elementary school. I heard about you being sick and just wanted to let you know that I am praying with you.

    Hope all goes well. I will keep checking back. Deb told me about your blog. I LOVE BLOGGING TOO! Check me out at www.fromtheheartofbree.blogspot.com

    Take care and God Bless!

    BREE

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people!