Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hump Day Blessings

So here are my blessings for today:

  1. A neighbor - who I hardly know at this point mind you - friended me on Facebook after hearing of my recent troubles.  She sent me a lovely note and I really appreciated it.  But on top of that - today she dropped by with baked ziti and fresh salad for my family for dinner!  What a huge blessing! And hopefully the start to a great new friendship.
  2. My upper endoscopy went on without a hitch!  I did not wake up - I got a great nap and even dreamed.  I can't remember what about for the life of me - but I do remember I was enjoying it.
  3. The anesthesiologist at the endoscopy center was a huge blessing to my life today.  Very kind and compassionate and took a moment to pray over me.  He even came back around after the endoscopy to see me and let me know that he would be thinking of me and praying for me and was sure I would do just fine with all that is ahead of me.  The kindness of strangers has been huge in my life today.
  4. My surgery is scheduled.  It is not as quickly as I would like it to be - but it is scheduled.  And now I can get on with making plans for that time, etc...
  5. And while I have been on the war path regarding scheduling my surgery - I have to say - I love my doctors.  They have taken time out of their very busy days to make personal phone calls to me and my husband and have helped to re-assure us and console us.  Not many doctors really care that much.  Mine do.  I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people!